About Fuschia Pilates
Established in 2013 to provide a Pilates-based exercise therapy service within a bespoke studio. Situated within the City Boundary, on the South Side of Edinburgh, with free on-street parking and with close access to and from the Edinburgh bypass.
Stephanie Bain – Health & Wellness
Previously I worked as a teacher in a variety of roles and in a number of schools. From 1995 I studied and qualified in Complementary Therapies, specialising in Aromatherapy, and ran workshops in aromatherapy and stress management for Health Improvement, school in-service days and various support groups in the Scottish Borders.
I first began my journey into fitness training when I obtained a Millenium award in 2001 to study the ChiBall method which encompasses six exercise disciplines :Tai chi, Chi kung, Yoga, Pilates, Feldenkrais, Relaxation and Meditation.
After completing my degree in Complementary Therapies in 2003 I chose to specialise in Pilates, qualifying as a fully accredited Pilates teacher (CYQ level3 , REPS) because I experienced and discovered the demonstrative benefits of this mind – body programme of intelligent exercise. I have over 10 years experience in teaching exercise in community halls, leisure centres and spas.
I believe Pilates can be adapted to suit people of all ages and levels of fitness. Being able to move with freedom and ease to do the things you love doing is vitally important.
I enjoy working 1:1 from my home based studio where I tailor the exercises to suit you as an individual providing expert tuition and practice.
Passionate about Pilates, I regularly attend CPD courses and workshops to further my knowledge and expertise, and creatively introduce new ideas into my classes.
I am also a Pilates Tutor and an Assessor for Future Fit, involved in the training of new Pilates teachers in Scotland.
I care about helping others to live life to the full, regardless of age and their current levels of fitness. This helps me to empower them to take control of their physical, mental and emotional aspects of their being.
Qualifications and courses
In addition to all my work experience, I have the following qualifications:
Fitness, Therapy and Teaching qualifications
- Level 3 (YMCA) Diploma in Exercise Referral (2015)
- Reformer 1 Certification – Balanced Body (2014)
- SVQ 3 – Learning and Development – Adult teaching qualification (2011)
- CYQ Level 3 – Certificate in teaching Mat Pilates, (Pilates Training Solutions, 2008)
- Chi Ball method™ Teacher certification – Tai Chi, Chi Kung, Yoga, Pilates, Feldenkrais, Meditation (2004, 2011)
- BSc Complementary Therapies (Aromatherapy) (2003)
- Extend Diploma – Music to movement for over 60’s (1998)
- Diploma in On Site Massage (Academy of On-Site Massage, 1997)
- Diploma in Primary Education, Dip Ed (1975 – 78)
- Spine Corrector Course (MK Training) 2016
- Postural Analysis and Movement Correction (Drummond Education) 2015
- Pilates based exercise for Multiple Sclerosis (MBodies Academy) 2015
- Diploma in exercise referral for clients with specific conditions (Drummond Education) 2014
- Pilates for Buff Bones: Osteoporosis Pre-Training – a working knowledge of osteoporosis and osteopenia: the causes, standard diagnosis and treatment, appropriate exercise selection for those at risk (Rebekah Rotstein, accredited by the Pilates Method Alliance, 2012)
- Bridging the Gap – spinal pathologies and their implications for Pilates, sacro iliac dysfunction, palpation of core contractions, core cue-ing, biofeedback, rehabilitation (Edinburgh Sports Injury Clinic, 2012)
- Functional Foam Rolling (Drummond Education, 2012)
- OsteoPilates course – causes, risks, solutions, recommended exercise adaptations (Energywise Academy, 2008)